Our experienced veterinarians provide many surgical services at our hospital, ranging from routine to advanced procedures. Should your pet need a more complex operation that requires specialized equipment or 24 hour nursing care, we have the ability to refer to a local board-certified veterinary surgeon.
We understand the stress of having to face surgery with your pet and the natural concern about an anesthetic procedure. Our veterinary team takes every precaution so that your pet receives the highest-quality care. We perform a physical exam and pre-anesthetic blood testing before every surgery. Our hospital utilizes advanced monitoring equipment, circulating air heating units, and intravenous warmed electrolyte solution for all of our patients to support a safe procedure and comfortable recovery. Pain medication is administered prior to surgery and your pet’s comfort level is continually monitored and assured even after recovery.
You will receive written recovery instructions when you pick up your pet, as well as any medication needed at home.
Spay and Neuter Surgery
When evaluating a facility for your pet’s upcoming spay or neuter surgery there are several things that should be considered. Please take a moment to review the information below. Our goal is for you to be aware of any risks and benefits and for your pet to receive the safest and best care.
Today’s economic times have greatly increased the need for lower cost routine pet care such as spay and neuter. However, many of the businesses that advertise lower cost do not inform you properly of what the fee does and does not cover. Oftentimes, the measures that assure your pet’s safety and comfort, such as blood testing, IV catheters & fluids, or modern pain relief, are either not available at all or available only for a significant additional fee.
As part of our commitment to giving back to our community, we launched our lower cost, high quality spay/neuter program in 2013. This allows pet owners the option of having their pet’s important first surgical procedure done at a modern, full-service hospital without compromising on safety and comfort for their pet.
Please note that these packages are designed for young, healthy dogs and cats that are socialized for a hospital setting. Pets that are older, have certain health conditions, or are overly anxious or potentially aggressive, generally need additional surgical time and differing anesthetic protocols. There may be additional fees for these conditions – see additional comments below.
Spay & Neuter Package Fees:
- Feline Spay$95
- Feline Neuter$75
- Canine Spay <40lbs$125
- Canine Spay 41+ lbs$155
- Canine Neuter <40lbs$105
- Canine Neuter 41+ lbs$125
- Microchip insertion with surgery$49
- (includes chip, tag, and lifetime registration)
- Nail Trim during surgeryno charge
- (to prevent licking of incision)
- All pets need to be current on their core vaccinations. For dogs these include Rabies, DHPP, and Kennel Cough. For cats, these include Rabies and FVRCP. Puppies and kittens need to have had their series of three to four boosters that constitute a puppy or kitten series. You are responsible for providing us with proof of vaccinations prior to your pet’s surgery. Due to the common time delays when requesting vaccination records, we cannot call and obtain this information for you on the day of surgery.
- Our lower cost spay and neuter packages are designed for healthy dogs under 2 years old and healthy cats under 10 years old. Pets that are older or have underlying conditions including, but not limited to, being in heat, obesity, having had multiple litters, heart murmur, and skin disease, generally require a more involved pre-surgical and anesthetic protocol and additional surgery time. This also applies to brachycephalic dogs such as pugs and bulldogs, as well as pets that are highly fractious or aggressive. We will be happy to evaluate your pet free of charge and provide you with an estimate for surgery if any of the above conditions are present.
- Our veterinarian will reserve the right to make the final determination whether your pet qualifies for the lower cost spay & neuter package. The ultimate goal is your pet’s safety and well-being.
- All of our packages include pre-anesthetic examination, pre-operative bloodwork, IV catheter and warmed electrolyte fluids, circulating air heating blanket, pre-and postoperative pain control, inhalant anesthesia, and complete monitoring throughout surgery and the recovery period.
- All of our packages include a recheck visit 10 days after surgery to assess healing and remove sutures if present. You will be given detailed aftercare instructions when your pet goes home from surgery.
- Due to the already greatly reduced fees for this program, we are unable to apply any additional credits or promotions, such as the Share the Care credit, toward the cost of the spay & neuter packages. We will gladly place the credit on your account to be used toward any future medical services.
- Ultimately, you need to be very comfortable leaving your pet in a hospital’s care for their first surgical procedure. We invite you to visit our hospital anytime for a tour and first impression. Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have.
Soft Tissue Surgery
The range of soft tissue surgery provided by our doctors includes elective surgeries such as spay, neuter, and declawing when necessary, as well as a broad range of non-elective procedures such as mass removal, exploratory surgery, wound repair, obtaining of tissue biopsies, and others.
Our doctors perform many common orthopedic surgeries, such as certain fracture repairs, cruciate ligament injury repair, correction of patellar luxation, bone biopsies, and others. For complicated orthopedic problems we will always give you the option of consulting with a board-certified orthopedic specialist so you can be fully aware of all of the treatment options and chose the one that is best for you and your pet.