Lower Cost, All-Inclusive, and High Quality
As part of our commitment to serving our local community, we have developed our low cost spay and neuter services. This service is designed to give local pet owners a higher quality and safer alternative to the low cost clinics already available. Instead of sacrificing important measures such as blood screening, intravenous fluids, pain medication, and advanced surgical monitoring, we have chosen to keep providing the same high quality care but drastically lower the cost to our clients as part of our community service efforts.
When evaluating a facility for your pet’s upcoming surgery there are several things that should be considered. Please take a moment to review the information below. Our goal is for you to be aware of any risks and benefits and for your pet to receive the safest and best care.
Spay & Neuter Package Fees:
- Feline Spay$95
- Feline Neuter$80
- Canine Spay 0-20lbs$130
- Canine Spay 21-40lbs$145
- Canine Spay 41-60lbs$160
- Canine Neuter 0-20lbs$105
- Canine Neuter 21-40lbs$115
- Canine Neuter 41-60lbs$135
- Microchip insertion with surgery$56.50
- (includes chip, tag, and lifetime registration)
- (to prevent licking of incision)
- In Heat$55
All of our packages include pre-anesthetic examination, pre-operative bloodwork, IV catheter and warmed electrolyte fluids, circulating air heating blanket, pre-and postoperative pain control, isoflurane anesthesia, and complete monitoring throughout surgery and the recovery period.
The packages also include a recheck visit 10 days after surgery to assess healing and remove sutures if present. You will be given detailed aftercare instructions when your pet goes home from surgery.
Details and Restrictions
- All pets need to be current on their core vaccinations. For dogs these include Rabies, DHPP, and Kennel Cough. For cats, these include Rabies and FVRCP. Puppies and kittens need to have had their series of three to four boosters that constitute a puppy or kitten series. You are responsible for providing us with proof of vaccinations prior to your pet’s surgery. Due to the lower cost nature of this program we cannot call and obtain this information for you on the day of surgery. If you are not sure whether your pet is fully vaccinated, we will be glad to review your pet’s records prior to the scheduled surgery date and let you know if any additional vaccines are needed.
- Our lower cost spay and neuter packages are designed for healthy dogs under 1 year old and under 60 lbs and healthy cats under 10 years old. Pets that are older or have underlying conditions including but not limited to, being in heat, obesity, having had multiple litters, infection, skin disease, or heart murmurs, generally require a more involved pre-surgical workup and additional surgery time. This also applies to pets that are highly fractious or aggressive. We will be happy to evaluate your pet free of charge and provide you with an estimate for surgery if any of the above conditions are present.
- Our veterinarian will reserve the right to make the final determination whether your pet qualifies for the lower cost spay & neuter package. The ultimate goal is your pet’s safety and well-being.
- Due to the already greatly reduced fees for this program, we are unable to apply any additional credits or promotions, such as the Share the Care credit, toward the cost of the spay & neuter packages. We will gladly place the credit on your account to be used toward any future medical services.
- Ultimately, you need to be very comfortable leaving your pet in a hospital’s care for their first surgical procedure. We invite you to visit our hospital anytime for a tour and first impression. Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have.