A Lower Fee Option for Basic Health Care for Pets over 5 months old
Wednesday Mornings 9:00am-10:00am
In an effort to serve our community pet owners who are in need of a lower cost option for maintaining their pet’s basic wellness needs, Riverstone Animal Hospital holds a Community Wellness Care Clinics (WCC) every Wednesday morning from 9:00 until 10:00am. The goal is to give pet owners the option of lower cost preventative care in a professional and caring environment.
Appointments are recommended and preferred for the WCC. Walk-ins are welcome; however, those pets with appointments will be given priority and time is limited to one hour for each clinic. Please call us at 770-479-7141 to register your pet for the WCC. If you are not a current client of Riverstone Animal Hospital, you will also need to fill out our registration form, which you can do online at this link: new client registration form
Services Provided at the Wellness Care Clinic:
- Wellness Care Examinationno charge
- (See "Fine Print" below for details on this exam)
- Canine Heartworm$20
- Feline Leukemia/AIDS$35
- (Combo Test)
- Intestinal Parasite Fecal Screen$20
- Rabies 1year$8
- (Distemper/Parvo 4-in-one)
- (Kennel Cough)
- (4 component)
- Rabies 1 year$18.40
- (Distemper/Upper Respiratory Combo)
- Feline Leukemia$22.75
Heartworm and Flea Prevention Products:
Owners with pets that receive services at Wellness Care Clinic may purchase parasite preventative medications at our hospital’s very competitive prices. A list of products and prices will be available at the clinic.
"The Fine Print":
- A Wellness Care Examination of your pet is required and will be performed as part of any service provided. This is a necessary step in establishing a valid Veterinarian-Client-Patient Relationship as required by the Georgia Veterinary practice act. Please note that this is only a very limited exam to determine that your pet is healthy enough to receive vaccinations and preventative medication such as heartworm products with minimal risk. It is not the same as our comprehensive physical exam or illness/injury appointment.
- The WC exam includes obtaining vitals (weight, temperature, heart & respiratory rate), palpation of lymph nodes, auscultation of heart and lungs, and evaluation of general body condition. It does not include evaluation of specific problems, diagnostic testing for any problem, prescription of medications, or treatment of problems or health concerns.
- The WCC is designed for healthy dogs and cats that are over 5 months old. We do not accept puppies and kittens for the WCC as they need more involved health care and examinations. We offer separate lower cost packages for puppies and kittens as part of our routine schedule hours.
- If your pet is ill or has a problem that you would like to discuss with the Veterinarian, you are encouraged to set up a general, comprehensive examination appointment instead of coming to the WCC. If during the course of the WCC exam we discover a problem that you wish to discuss, we will be happy schedule a time to do so and provide you with an estimate for the fees associated with that care.
- Pets with a known history of vaccine reaction are not eligible for the WCC. These pets should have their vaccinations during regular scheduled hours where they can receive any needed medications and be monitored.
- All pets must be restrained on a leash or in a carrier and be adequately controlled by their owners. We do not accept highly fractious or aggressive pets for the WCC
- Payment is required at the time of service. We accept credit and debit cards, cash, and checks. Checks must be verified via our electronic system.
- If you have to cancel or reschedule your pet for the WCC, we request you call us and inform us 24 hrs prior to your appointment. Any pet that has missed their appointment more than one time will no longer be eligible for WCC services.
- We are providing these services at the above fees during the scheduled Wellness Care Clinic times only. These services are offered as a community service much lower than regular fees and cannot be offered during our regular schedule hours.
- Due to the already lowered fees for this program, other coupons or promotions, such as our Share the Care credit, cannot be applied toward the cost of WCC services. We can still apply these credits to your account toward future regular medical services.
- We reserve the right to discontinue the Wellness Care Clinic program at any time without advance notice.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to any person or patient at any time, for any reason